A simple plugin to generate random IDs for your documents in DatoCMS
A simple plugin to generate IDs for your documents in DatoCMS
To enable the random ID generator for your single-line text field, choose "ID Generator" as a field add-on.
When applying this plugin to your field you can set the following settings:
- ID prefix if you need it to add before generated IDs.
- The minimum length for your IDs, default is 3.
- Upper case option for generated ID to convert it to uppercase, default is true.
- Auto generation option, default is true.
The result of plugin working appears in the field:
Click on the link "Generate ..." generates random ID according to settings.
Install all the project dependencies with:
Add this plugin in development mode to one of your DatoCMS project with:
Start the local development server with:
Before publishing this plugin, make sure:
- you've properly described any configuration parameters in this README file;
- you've properly compiled this project's
package.jsonfollowing the official rules;
- you've added a cover image (
cover.png) and a preview GIF (
preview.gif) into the
When everything's ready, just run: