You can now be notified when one of these actions occur inside a DatoCMS project:
- Create/update/delete/publish/unpublish a record
- Create/update/delete a model
- Create/update/delete an upload (that is, a file or an image in your Media area)
You can also set some filters, so for example you can be notified just when when a record of a specific model (ie. Article) is updated.
Just to give some examples, webhook enable you to:
- Integrate/sync DatoCMS data with third-party systems (Snipcart, Shopify, Algolia, etc.);
- Get Slack/email notifications;
- Automatically post an update on Facebook/Twitter;
- Produce an automatic deploy on your staging environment;
If you don't want to write any integration code, you can use Zapier Webhooks to connect a DatoCMS event with hundreads of different external services, creating any kind of complex automation workflow.
You can read all the details regarding this feature in our documentation page.