We have just released the biggest single update ever done to DatoCMS!
Here's a succinct list of all the changes that we have released.
Most importantly a big set of features strictly linked with the media area that you can read in the blog post.
- video support via integration with Mux
- HSL video streaming
- thumbnail and meta data extraction
- extraction of meta data and Blurhash from images
- redesign of the UI to support different image layouts and dimensions
- advanced sorting and filtering
- shared/personal filters to group and organize content
- video previews
- show where the image is used
- the APIs have changed in a backward compatible manner to support all these changes and also our clients are supporting all the new features already
While doing that we also worked on a set of related feature requests:
- Filter now persists while editing items
- Audio previews
- Remember active content item
- Remove infinite scroll in favour of pagination
- Require image alt text
- Allow the user to group uploads in the media area we are supporting this via a mixture of tags and filters, with the possiblity of saving and sharing them across the team
- Make default “settings” menu item optional when removing the permission to edit the global SEO settings the menu icon will also disappear
- Link from model settings to content a little but useful feature :)
- Keep scope when editing nested objects / use record back button to go back to parent record by opening modals when editing nested content